What should Accountants be Posting on their Firm’s Social Media Pages?
Wondering what to post on your social media pages? We have some ideas to get you started.
Social media is a great place to build your brand and engage with your followers (clients and leads). The conversation on social media is 2 way, unlike your website, so you can engage with people here, whether that is to answer questions or pose them, or to respond to comments that people make. Your social media pages are a little less formal so you can share your personality and provide people with a better understanding of who you are, thereby building a deeper relationship.
If you are using BOMA you’ll find hundreds of expertly written, ready-to-share articles that you can share on your social media page. The topics cover business advisory, compliance, news, tax etc. You can tailor for your audience by customising the text and images.
But you’ll also want to add some of your own social media posts that are unique and relevant to your firm and to the clients and prospects that follow you on these pages.
One challenge affecting many accountants, when it comes to being active on social media, is that they aren’t sure what they should be posting.
So what should you post about? We’ve compiled a list of ideas to get you started. Use this list to plan out a regular cadence of posts to keep your followers engaged. Your posts don’t need to be wordy, a strong statement is sometimes enough. Once you get started, you’ll find it easy to continue the conversation on social media.
Ideas for your social media posts
- Ask questions – Ask about something topical or perhaps issues that might be impacting your clients. Offer an ‘Ask me Anything’ session. The answer to one client’s question is bound to help another! Be ready to respond when someone comments to keep the conversation going.
- Share an online article – Use BOMA’s link share feature to post an article you have read online, and add your own commentary. BOMA formats the content for the social channel you choose. (make sure you check that the article is not behind a firewall so your readers can access it).
- Content series – Develop a plan for day/s of the week e.g. Monday tips on cash flow.
- Turn long into short – Use long-form BOMA articles and break them into short posts.
- Frequently asked questions – Provide answers to commonly asked accounting questions. Share FAQ content from Xero or other cloud accounting platforms to help your clients when they use the software.
- Video content – Record a short ‘how to’ video to help clients streamline their accounting function or give them a better understanding of their tax obligations.
- Talk about local events – Share a link to an event coming up. If you are attending, give people information on how they can too.
- Bring the team in – Demonstrate your expertise and what you stand for.
- Inspirational quotes – The right quote at the right time can be humorous, entertaining or motivating.
- Today in history or National days of the year – Whether it’s national Panda day or a commemoration of a historical event. Check out https://www.daysoftheyear.com/
- Create a short client survey – Find out more about how your clients are feeling about industry changes or how they are dealing with current challenges. Use the feedback in your future posts.
To learn more about using social media for your accounting firm, watch this webinar on ‘How to market your accounting firm on social media 101’.
Did you know that BOMA has a library of over 400 articles in the content library that are updated every week? BOMA is designed specifically for accountants and bookkeepers and allows you to create useful and compelling emails and social posts. Simply choose an article, customise it and send it within BOMA.
BOMA kickstarts your digital marketing. Trial for free today